This filling soup is perfect as a pick-me-boost for electrolyte balancing, and the ginger gives a lovely zing and immunity boost in these cold winter months. Dig in, and make sure to whip up enough to share! You'll definitely want seconds.
• 1 pumpkin
• 2 onions
• 1 litre organic vegetable stock
• 125 ml coconut milk, plus a little dollop to add on top before serving
• 75 grams of minced ginger
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 lime, squeezed
• 1 tsp tumeric
• A few sprigs of chives, mint, or any fresh herbs
Deseed and roughly chop the pumpkin. Peel and chop the onions, then peel and finely grate the ginger.
Place the pumpkin, onion, ginger and some extra virgin olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft. Add the stock, coconut milk and chilli powder. Season, then bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes. Pick and finely chop the herbs, and set aside for garnish.
Blitz your soup in a food processor, then serve with the fresh herbs, lime juice and a splash of coconut milk for flavor.
💡 Do you want meal plans packed with fast and easy recipes like this one? Get in touch for a free consultation now: firstname.lastname@example.org