Summer Green Bean Salad
Six ingredients delivering major flavor! Cool down with this deliciously simple and tasty summer salad, perfect for a quick refreshing meal. You can make several portions of this recipe for your weekly meal plans and store. Recipe makes 4 servings.
• 450 grams green beans (trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
• 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
• 1 fresh garlic clove (minced)
• ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
• ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs such as basil, dill, and/or parsley
• ⅓ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
For the dressing:
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
• 2 tsps freshly squeezed lemon or lime
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• Salt and pepper to season
Boil a large salted pot of water and cook beans until crisp-tender, between 5 to 8 minutes. Tenderness level is a personal choice, I prefer them on the crunchier side.
While beans cook, prepare a large bowl of ice water. Drain the beans and place them into the ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process. This will keep them bright green and tender. Remove and pat dry.
Combine all remaining summer salad ingredients and mix well. Whisk the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and toss your salad!