Crispy Apple & Broccoli Salad
Great taste with a whopping CRUNCH! Bite in this sweet, tart and tasty salad packed with superfoods and antioxidants, perfect for getting your system back in to swing. The dressing for this salad is a huge hit, you can thank me later 😉 Enjoy on its own or as a side dish with grilled chicken or salmon. Recipe makes 3 to 4 servings, so consider making a big batch to last through the week.
• 1 large broccoli head, chopped into small size florets
• 2 fresh crisp apples, cored and chopped bite size
• 1 small chopped red onion
• 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
• 1/4 cup dried goji berries or cranberries
For the dressing: • 4 tbs apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbs raw honey
• 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbs dijon mustard
• 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley leaves
• 2 tsp red pepper flakes
• Sea salt & pepper to taste (about a 1/2 tsp each)
In a small bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Leave to chill in the fridge. Bring a medium pot of water to a rapid boil and add in a tsp of salt and the broccoli florets. Cook for a minute or two until crisp tender, then drain and rinse in ice water to immediately stop the cooking process.
In a large salad bowl combine the broccoli, apples, walnuts, carrots, goji berries and red onion. Toss in the salad dressing and gently toss until evenly coated.
𝑵𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏:
324 Kcal / Carbohydrates 36g / Protein 9g / Fats 16g